About our team
ETCDEV was formed as an independent team working on core and protocol level projects of Ethereum Classic blockchain. ETCDEV team developers are passionate developer which work full time on these projects, the whole team is fully distributed with other developers located in North America, Europe and Asia.
What we're doing
We've been working on a new Ethereum Virtual Machine, called SputnikVM. It's open source stack-based stateless virtual machine, which executes EVM bytecode against blockchain data. SputnikVM is a deterministic, predictable, fully reproducible and environment independent way of processing events and associated data and we believe it would be a perfect fit for IoT.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a person to work on SputnikVM who can make architectural decisions, make research and add features. We want to make it work on wide range of IoT hardware, introduce JIT compilation and optimizations for different platform.
- 5+ years of software development experience with C/C++, Java, Haskell or OCaml (at least one)
- 1 year of Rust programming experience
- Experience with Virtual Machines, Compilers and LLVM internals
- Solid understanding of Networking, Databases, Cryptography and Blockchain
- Knowledge of low-level OS specifics is a plus
- Experience with IoT is a plus
- Degree in Computer Science preferred with projects connected to this space
- Proficient with spoken/written English, excellent communications stills
- Good practices documenting, writing and maintaining clean code
- Track record of Open Source contributions
- Experience of building distributed applications
- Self motivated, can take initiative and feel comfortable both working alone and part of a team
We need to help us to:
- improve the way it integrates into other applications (FFI, sockets, etc)
- make compatible with various low powered hardware / IoT
- optimize performance of Virtual Machine
- introduce Just-In-Time compilations of EVM bytecode
- develop tooling and debugging tools for SputnikVM
It’s a great chance to show your professionalism, learn something new and take part of the next technology revolution. It’s invaluable experience you’ll want to write about in your blog, speak on a tech conference and tell your fellow colleagues. We give you flexibility and the opportunity to work remotely.
Please send us your full CV and cover letter (AND for tech vacancies please include links to Github and StackOverflow accounts) to [email protected]