About our team
Ethereum Classic is an independent community driven blockchain continued after EF (a foundation originally started Ethereum blockchain) moved to a separate fork by introducing censoring transactions into their blockchain. Ethereum Classic community opposed that fork and kept original chain, because it believes in Blockchain Immutability and Code Is Law principles of blockchain.
How We Work
- Remote Teamwork: ETC has a community based worldwide, and collaboration - with these international members is crucial
- Communicating Tools: The global team collaborates over a public slack channel and all documentation and code is shared on dedicated Github pages
- Communication with Wider Community: We keep in touch with the global community, outside the core dev, who are working hard to further the cause of open, neutral and immutable blockchain tech. This includes marketers, economists, developers and financial services professionals
- Consistent Building and Testing: ETC focus is not to “move fast and break things”. ETC is focused on developing well thought out infrastructure that has security and stability at its foundation, as we are aiming to build the future of the internet
What we're doing
ETCDEV team is maintaning and adding features to Geth (go-ethereum), an official implementation of Ethereum Classic protocol
What we're looking for
We need a person to lead Geth project, who can make architectural decisions and set goals and priorities. He/she should have a prior experience with blockchain and cryptocurrencies, and be comfortable to work in distributed team as a lead.
- 7 years of software development experience with computer languages such as C/C++, Java, Python, Go, Haskell or OCaml (at least one)
- 2 years of Go programming experience
- Experience with Rust is big plus
- Familiar with Git and Linux
- Proficient with spoken/written English, excellent communications stills
- Good practices documenting, writing and maintaining clean code
- Track record of Open Source contributions
- Experience of building distributed applications
- Self motivated, can take initiative and feel comfortable both working alone and part of a team
It’s a great chance to show your professionalism, learn something new and take part of the next technology revolution. It’s invaluable experience you’ll want to write about in your blog, speak on a tech conference and tell your fellow colleagues. We give you flexibility and the opportunity to work remotely.
Please send us your full CV, cover letter AND links to Github and StackOverflow accounts to [email protected]